Carmel (Rabid Reads)'s Reviews > Snared

Snared by Jennifer Estep

4561998
Jan 09, 2017

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Jennifer Estep continually amazes me with the directions that she takes the ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN series in. SNARED was a stroke of genius with how the plot connected with the main story arc. It also got my gears spinning over the questions raised about Hugh Tucker, and cast a shadow on Eira Snow’s memory. Not bad for the sixteenth installment—scratch that—it was goddamned Spider-ific!

One of Ashland’s mob bosses calls in the favour that Gin owes her, and things quickly spiral out of control as they go from sketchy to disastrous. The clues keep piling up, but even with Blanco’s entire crew on deck, it took some doing to get to the heart of it all, and the hunter winds up the hunted. I guessed the antagonist pretty easily however, there were so many other unknowns to keep me busy that it didn’t matter.

One of the things that I enjoy the most about these novels is how the author keeps making links to the past while still developing new tangents. Hugh’s been around for several volumes now, but we learn that he and Gin have met before. Estep also takes us back to that awful day when Blanco lost everything, and we discover an interesting morsel about her mom that has the potential to be a game changer.

All the characters get their turn under the guillotine, and this time around it was the Spider’s number that got called. Yes, she finds herself in more life-or-death situations that all the secondaries combined however, in this particular instance the outlook was worse than usual. After a bit of clever maneuvering with her ice & stone magic as well as her knives, we have the name of the Circle’s leader… or do we?

SNARED was as good as book #16’s get!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snared.

January 9, 2017 – Shelved
April 4, 2017 –
April 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam How is it???

Carmel (Rabid Reads) Just finished. It was excellent!

message 3: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Awesome review, Carmel!!! Now I really can't wait to read this one!! :-D

message 4: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Hello! Before I start this series I would like to know few things?
Does this series has romance?
Does it have love triangles?
Is there cheating?
Does one of the love interests dies and the we get a new one?
Does the heroine ever gets raped?
Does it changes love interest for any reason?
I would really like to know this things.