Cadiva's Reviews > At Attention

At Attention by Annabeth Albert

More military brilliance in the Out of Uniform series

I'm so glad Apollo got his head out of his backside because, for a lot of this book he was infuriating. At the same time though, I absolutely understood his fears and why he was behaving as he was.

I loved how his late husband Neal was there as a presence throughout the story but never took over the narrative. We learned enough to understand Apollo's awful loss but he didn't become some unreachable saint.

Dylan put up with a lot. He was steadfast and true and I absolutely believed he would wait for Apollo to come to his senses until the end of his days but, again, he never came across as a martyr. He knew he loved Apollo and he had faith that love was returned.

The epilogue was all ends up awesome. The steam levels were high when they occurred but not too many to take over the story and I loved that Apollo, in spite of his military background, had no hang ups over his sexuality.

The twins were well integrated into the story, cute without being twee or taking over. The world building is excellent as I'd expect from Annabeth, and I can't wait to get Ben and Maddox's story next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Attention.

January 9, 2017 – Shelved