June's Reviews > King Bidgood's in the Bathtub

King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood

F 50x66
Jul 22, 2011

bookshelves: picture-book, programbook, bathtime
Recommended for: parents, preschoolers & teachers

I love the ending and have used this for several years in a bath story time. However, I really love the music in the filmstrip and would recommend the cd or dvd over the book. 7/22/11

Worked really well at PJ time. 7/17/12

This was a big hit at PJ Story Time again. The 5 year old, 3rd grader and a parent really got into it. 6/18/13

Used for Story Time and it was the most successful of the 3 books. Also used for PJ Story Time and it was a huge hit from preschoolers to grandmas. 6/24/14

Used for both PJ and Story Time again this year. 7/14/15

Had some older children for Story Time and this went over real well. Checked out after program

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King Bidgood's in the Bathtub.

July 22, 2011 – Shelved
July 22, 2011 – Shelved as: picture-book
July 22, 2011 – Shelved as: programbook
July 22, 2011 – Shelved as: bathtime
Started Reading
June 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Joan (new)

Joan WOW, I'll have to look for that!

elissa You can sing it in a comically operatic way yourself. I've actually done that, but not often. I don't use this one for preschoolers much, but like it a lot for K & 1st gr.

June Elissa, if I sang it, it wouldn't go over well; since I can't carry a tune.

message 4: by Joan (new)

Joan June wrote: "Elissa, if I sang it, it wouldn't go over well; since I can't carry a tune."
I'm with June on the can't carry a tune problem. I do kind of chant it but that is as near to singing as I'm getting in public.

June Maybe, Elissa is right, age wise, since I think I had a K, 3rd grade and adult that really enjoyed it this last time.

elissa It really is an all-ages book! :)

June It's always gone over well at story time, but they really got into it on Tuesday night.

message 8: by Joan (new)

Joan Odd, today I reluctantly threw out an extra large copy of this since the book had come loose from the binding. Absolutely great book, about the size of most of the kids listening to the story, but we don't have much in bindery money, darn it.

elissa I saw Phil's post on FB. Congrats on selling your house, June!! :)

message 10: by June (last edited Jun 22, 2013 05:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars