♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Black Heart

Black Heart by Holly Black

Jul 22, 2011

bookshelves: audio-book, favorites
Read from October 25 to 28, 2013 — I own a copy

If you haven't read the first two in the series STOP READING NOW. SPOILERS AHEAD.

Black Heart was my favorite of the series. Everything is amped up: the pressure and danger of Cassel’s choices, the love and hate between Lila and him, and even Daneca and Sam’s relationship had drama. I was nervous and fascinated about how it all would work out.

With Cassel’s choices narrowed, it looks like he’ll be forced into a life he doesn’t want, either from the control of the Feds or of a crime family. I desperately wanted him to figure a way around all of this or at least to work it out so that he had the upper hand. Of course Holly Black cleverly solved every problem, without making it too tidy to be believable.

I also wanted his HEA with Lila! Cassel just needed to catch a break. I will say that for being a YA, Ms. Black manages to write some seriously passionate scenes! All that built up longing makes for a lusty and lovely payoff!

If I have to die tomorrow when the Feds come for me, then this is the last request of my heart. This. The sight of lashes brushing her cheek as her eyes flutter closed. The pulse in her throat. Her breath in my mouth. This.

From the main and secondary characters to the romance nothing is perfect, but everything is perfectly flawed. Holly Black exceeded my expectations, and I fell in love with this quirky and dark story.

This review along with a giveaway of one book from the Curse Workers series can be found at The Readers Den.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Heart.

10/25/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/25/2013
75.0% "I couldn't stop listening to this last night! It's really addictive and quite good! Can't wait to see how it all turns out." 2 comments
10/30/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Looking forward to your review x

♥Rachel♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "Looking forward to your review x"

Thank you, dahling! :)

♥Rachel♥ Tullia wrote: "I'm glad you liked the series. It's one of my favs. :)"

I really loved how things worked out, Tullia. :)

message 4: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne GREAT review Rach x

♥Rachel♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "GREAT review Rach x"

Thank you, Lisa. :)

message 6: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Rachel!

♥Rachel♥ Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "Great review, Rachel!"

Thank you, Baba! :)

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review, Rachel! I've never heard of this series, but it sounds really good. :)

♥Rachel♥ Kelly wrote: "Great review, Rachel! I've never heard of this series, but it sounds really good. :)"

Thank you Kelly. The first book took a little to get into but the series was addictive after that. I love Holly Black's writing. :)