Patricia Rockwell's Reviews > Least Wanted

Least Wanted by Debbi Mack

liked it

This is a well-written book with uniquely drawn characters. The author, a former lawyer, obviously knows her subject matter. Samantha, a young lawyer, tries to balance two cases that ultimately overlap. In the primary case, Tina, a young black girl is accused of murdering her mother. She is the "least wanted" of the title as no one seems to care for her--including her recently deceased mother or her absent father.

The second case involves embezzlement at a computer game company. Samantha defends an employee who is a relative of a friend. Quickly, the stakes rise, as a murder occurs at the company.

There are many suspects--all of whom seem capable of committing just about any crime. The seamy behaviors and events described may turn many stomachs--I know they did mine. I had trouble feeling much empathy for any of the characters. Even the young girl--Tina--is not very sympathetic.

If you like gritty crime thrillers, realistically presented, this book is for you. If you are like me and prefer your murder mysteries more light-hearted, funny, and gentle--I'd avoid this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Least Wanted.

Started Reading