Yawatta Hosby's Reviews > Merry Murder

Merry Murder by Angel Gelique

Jan 11, 2018

bookshelves: ha-2018, ha-tbr-2018, tbr-completed, suspense

I loved this pretty intense book! The story was told in Paul’s first person point-of-view. I felt so bad for him. He was surrounded by crazy chicks. Oh my goodness, I hated Heather and his wife Maeve with a passion. The author did a wonderful job making those two ladies enormous bullies. They were the perfect villains. I was happy for Paul when his son visited for the holidays. Finally a peace of mind, even if short-lived before Heather’s extreme temper tantrum ruined everything.

I loved getting inside Paul’s head. He knew something was wrong, but there was nothing he could really do about it since his wife kept taking their daughter’s side. I wanted to punch Heather in the face; that’s how great Angel Gelique made that character a bad guy. As a reader, I was also quite scared of Heather. She was a narcissist to the core–a psychopath too. Who could have ever thought what would happen because of a cell phone? The story blew my mind (in a good way)!

My favorite line: Though to be fair, she’s only grown grossly intolerable over the past couple of months since her last cell phone began showing signs of electronic Alzheimer’s. I truly loved the ending. Does Paul’s wife have a change of heart? Does Heather still make your skin crawl? You’ll have to read the book to find out.

I RECOMMEND this book to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Merry Murder.

January 8, 2017 – Shelved
January 8, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 22, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
January 11, 2018 – Started Reading