Jilly's Reviews > Blackwood

Blackwood by Celia Aaron

bookshelves: romance, thrillers, contemporary-fiction

Won't anybody think of the children?

Yeah, it was dark but delicious. There was a mystery that was better than Scooby Doo. (In case you didn't know, Scooby Doo is my go-to standard by which I judge all mysteries. I'm mature that way.) There was plenty of action, death, betrayal. These people had their own personalized coffee mugs at the local hospital. And, then there was the romance. Yikes! It was smutalicious.

But, watch out. Triggers!

I'm just wondering what he's trying to qualify for..

Yeah, the guy is rapey. But, is it really rape if she begs him to "rape" her and he gives her a safe word to stop at any time? It's more like a game. She runs, he gives her a head start then chases her down, and then they go to town. (you know. figuratively. They don't actually go to a town. They would probably just drive if they are going in to town, not run. (just wanted to clear that up.))

To each his own, right?
I'm just saying that if running is involved for my hubs to get lucky, he's not getting lucky. Cuz I ain't running. I'll consider walking. Maybe a nice saunter. But, running ain't happening unless there's a zombie apocalypse. Or, a sale on cheesecake. That might do it.

Hey, me too! We should totally do lunch sometime!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackwood.

January 8, 2017 – Shelved
January 8, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 6, 2017 – Started Reading
March 7, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
March 7, 2017 – Shelved as: thrillers
March 7, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-fiction
March 7, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

edge of bubble I saw edgy and came here. then saw rapey and decided to camp indefinitely =p love your review!

message 3: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Great review!! Now I want cheesecake.

Jilly Thanks, Ladies! It's as delicious as a nice chocolate cheesecake. ;)

message 5: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Oooo, chocolate. Yes! Brilliant idea!

message 6: by Choko (new)

Choko Hahaha!!! Great review, Jilly!!! I just have one question, which town do they go to after she runs? ☺

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Yes please.

Jilly lol!
Choko:

Jessica LOL - I love this review. I agree with your opinion on running.

Jilly Jessica wrote: "LOL - I love this review. I agree with your opinion on running."

Thanks, Jessica. Everyone who doesn't agree on my running-stance can go straight to hell. Quickly!

message 11: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver Your review is fantastic, Jilly! I'm with you on the running part. (and the cheesecake.) Great fun! 😃

Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story Rofl @ those comments. & Flove me some White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake!

Jilly Kimber wrote: "Your review is fantastic, Jilly! I'm with you on the running part. (and the cheesecake.) Great fun! 😃"

Thanks, Kimber. Running is for chumps. ;P

Jilly Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story wrote: "Rofl @ those comments. & Flove me some White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake!"

Yum! I also love the Godiva cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. That stuff is so decadent it should be illegal. :P