Romancing the Book's Reviews > Holy Smokes

Jul 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, romance

Reviewed by Jen

Holy Smokes is the fourth and final book following the life and love of Aisling Grey (although I understand she and Drake will be pretty prominent characters in Katie MacAlister's new Silver Dragons series). This is a series of books you have to read in order for them to make any sort of sense. So, here's the order: You Slay Me, Fire Me Up, Light My Fire.

In this installment, Aisling and Drake are finally getting married, but as the book opens, Drake isn't showing up for the ceremony. They do eventually make it to the altar, but nothing in Aisling's life is ever done easily.

I've been a big fan of this series since book one. They are full of humor and you can't help but just shake your head at all the trouble Aisling gets herself into (think Lucille Ball from "I Love Lucy"). But there was something about this book that fell a little short for me. Aisling seemed to whine more than usual (or perhaps it's only my memory since I read book three over a year ago). She didn't seem to be herself and I kept waiting for someone to slap some sense into her. Oh how I wish I could give this particular book a better review since I loved the previous ones. It did have a happy ending and left lots of questions unanswered that will hopefully be tackled in the new series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Smokes.

Started Reading