Heather's Reviews > Daughters of Rome

Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn

Jul 21, 2011

bookshelves: historical-fiction, own
Read in July, 2011

Kate Quinn scores again with another action-packed, deliciously drama-filled Roman adventure. While I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as I did her first book, Mistress of Rome, I still found it incredibly hard to put down. Once I got sucked into the story, it didn’t let me go! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the story unfold and loved how my opinion of the four Cornelia’s was constantly changing and shifting. It was also fun to get a taste of how chaotic things in Rome must have felt during the year of four different emperors. I don’t think I would have wanted to have been there during that period. Craziness! And this, to me, is the beauty of reading historical fiction...you get to travel back in time from the safety and comfort of your own home. Love it!

Looking forward to Kate's next book Empress of the Seven Hills which is due out next April! Woohooo! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Rome.

Tasha Great review!

Heather Thanks, Tasha! :)

Heidi Will have to ck my library... Have really been looking forward to this book!

Heather Hope you can get your hands on a copy soon! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. :)