Sportochick's Reviews > The Duke

The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne

Author Kerrigan Byrne has a beautiful way with words and emotions which pulls the reader into this deep emotion packed read. This book is filled with various chain of events that filled me with dread, sadness, excitement, tears, laughter and thankfulness. Meanwhile, mixed into the story are several interactions between Imogen and Cole that just burn up the pages.

Imogen is a female character that one can admire and wish for all good things to happen to. I love that her main strength is what draws and drives Cole away. This unconventional woman drew my attention more than most heroines I have read recently. She is kind, considerate, caring, honorable and dependable.

Cole's character was handled with extreme finesse both in who he was and who he became. I delighted in the manner that the author used to show the differences and similarities of his before and after person. The richness of his character will keep the reader’s attention trying to figure out what he will do next.

There are many secondary characters within this story and most of them are characters that could use attitude adjustments but they are perfect for this storyline and really create the drama needed to keep this book moving forward in a fast pace. I have always liked intrigue and this book has it in spades so sit down with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the ride.

For me, the authors ability to pull forth all my emotions caused this book to standout from other books and for this reason I give it 5 STARS.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke.

January 6, 2017 – Shelved
February 6, 2017 – Started Reading
February 10, 2017 – Finished Reading
February 15, 2017 –
99.0% "So good I stayed up late into the night to finish."