Jenben8426's Reviews > Sabotaged

Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Haddix

F 50x66
Jul 20, 2011

it was ok

I would actually give this a 2 1/2 stars, but rounded down because it took me so long to finish it--not really pointing to a great book.

Jonah and his sister Katherine must do it again. They must go back in time and save another lost child from history. After saving Chip and Alex from the 15th century, they are now asked to take Andrea, who just so happens to be Virginia Dare-first English child born in America, back to the 1600s. However, even though last time was hard, this time around everything seems to be going wrong. Andrea seems happy to be back in the time where the lost colony of Roanoke disappeared, the elucidator (the only way to contact present time) is lost, and they don't seem to have landed in the right spot in time. As the three kids start to unravel the mysteries of Roanoke, they just gain more questions as to how this entire time travel thing works.

Okay so the first book in the series seemed a bit slow but the premise was great. The second book was slower and it was hard to really get into. This book was just too slow for my taste. I am convinced that it is almost too much of a task to take on to write a time travel book and keep your audience with you. The whole idea of "tracers" was really hard to grasp at times. I love Haddix's premise of the lost children throughout history--I find that fascinating. However her execution is a bit lacking and I don't feel the reader is completely hooked from beginning to end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabotaged.