Alithegreat's Reviews > You Can Heal Your Life

You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay

F 50x66

I got this for my mother after a personal tragedy destroyed our family. She was having trouble eating, sleeping, smiling, being awake, being alive... When she had finished, I read it myself and found incredible tools there for taking responsibility for myself, while letting go of my irritation, anger, whatever, toward those whom I perceive as shirking responsibility. This book has given me tools to get things DONE, to control my own thoughts and thought process, to put my powers to use for Good, and to make my passions work for me, instead of letting my thoughts, feelings, and FEAR get in the way of achieving my goals.

Since reading this book I've:
improved the relationship between my adopted child and myself
improved the quality and communication of my marriage
improved my health and diet
moved my family into a bigger house in a better neighborhood
started going to night school to embark on a new career
made peace with my family situation, if not all family members- yet

I still have lots of things left to clear out in my skeleton closet, it's not all butterflies and rainbows in my heart and mind, but I feel better and am finally getting past the fear that has held me back from doing the things I want to. It took a long time, and it really is a lot of work, to identify your own negative patterns and work to correct them, but it is incredibly worth the effort. It took the loss of my closest family member to force me to realize the extent of my own self-defeating habits, but I am once again able to take care of and love my children, to love my husband and myself, and better than ever before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can Heal Your Life.

Started Reading
November 1, 2008 – Finished Reading
July 20, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Yo I think that this book is just like clothes and shoes one size doesn't fit all. I was able to forgive my mother and learned to accept her shortcomings and all, it helped me to have compassion for her and to actually be able to love her more. I also think it helped me to take more responsibility for my thoughts and actions. It is important to acknowledge that most abusers; have been abused as well because the key to stopping the cycle is to get these people help early and not wait until they harm themselves or others.