Sarah's Reviews > The Secret History of Us

The Secret History of Us by Jessi Kirby

May 05, 2017

bookshelves: contemporary, netgalley-edelweiss, r2r-read, read-2017, romance, young-adult

“I don’t know who you are.”

This was a YA contemporary story about a girl with retrograde amnesia following a car accident.

Olivia was an okay character, although I expected her to be a little more frustrated by her lack of memories than she was. She did her best to get on with things though, and it was brave the way she tried to piece together her life after the accident.

The storyline in this followed Olivia after being pulled from the river and resuscitated, after her car went off of a bridge. She was diagnosed with amnesia, and had to then try and figure out who she was after being released from the hospital, re-meeting her boyfriend for the first time, and trying to work out why she wasn’t friends with one of her oldest friends anymore. The pace in this was quite slow, and I did guess the twist towards the end, but this was an enjoyable story overall.

The ending to this pretty good, and I was pleased with the way things worked out.

7 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret History of Us.

message 1: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Sarah! :)