Elizabeth Ehlen's Reviews > The Genesis Portal

The Genesis Portal by Matthew  Carter

20863397
Jan 04, 2017

it was ok

Jasper is determined to find his dream girl, and he will travel halfway across the galaxy to do it, no matter the cost. But when he finds her, he discovers she is way more than a dream girl, and he’s not the only one looking for her.

The Genesis Portal is a classic case of a great story rolling around but poor writing execution. The text was full of fragments, wrong words, and several instances of transposing main character names (most frequently Sanya and Sola.) I was also somewhat frustrated by the character degeneration of Sanya, as she started out reading classic literature provided by her dream boy and once she is able to choose her own instead picks up a Vogue. Yes, I get that she is a 17 year old girl, but she could have been slightly deeper than average given her actual age. However, the science fiction aspect is intriguing, and I actually would have liked a little more back story between Sanya and Adam, rather than just a spurned singularity lover, as well as more about the interdimensional aspect. Cleaned up and properly edited this would have been a winner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Genesis Portal.

Started Reading