Debbie's Reviews > Carnival of Darkness

Carnival of Darkness by Becca Moree

liked it
bookshelves: circus-carnival-freaks, horror-romance, paranormal-romance, twisted
Read 2 times. Last read February 10, 2017 to February 11, 2017.

3.5 Stars for this debut. I have to say, I was intrigued from the very start. I like nothing better than a seriously creepy carnival story and this author took the seedy underbelly of carnival life and ratcheted it up....big time.

As this is a an intro to the Fatal Series, we didn't get a lot of depth but we did get the seeds for what could be a very uniquely twisted series. I'm in love with the overall theme and the introduction of the Fae and the Fallen adds a paranormal twist that I can't wait to see develop. I see good things ahead for this series.

I did run into a few issues that I'm sure this new author will conquer as she develops her craft. The dialogue​ was, at times, worded oddly and a bit confusing as to who was speaking. Also, parts of the plot were too weak for me to completely buy into.

All in all, I was compelled enough by the story to pick up the next book in the series. I am very interested to see the direction the author will take and excited to see this new author soar.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carnival of Darkness.

January 4, 2017 – Shelved