Nora's Reviews > Await Your Reply

4219075
Jul 19, 2011

liked it
Read in July, 2011

I thought this book was pretty engaging, and I am waffling between three and four stars. I usually don't see the twist coming but I got it pretty much immediately with this one. The alternating storylines sort of made each one shallower than I wanted it to be, I think. Like I just wanted him to kick it up a notch, because the premise of each of the three stories is so rich. Because actually, not much really happens in each of the three plotlines; each of the characters is on the edge on something at the beginning, and most of the book is made up of elaborate backstories to explain how they got there. And then the thing happens and the book is over. If that makes any sense. Also at times I thought it was repetitive, like he thought you would forget details from the last time he was on that storyline. That being said, I definitely thought about this book after I was done. It left a lingering feeling of creepiness, and it did have some really incredible moments. My Goodreads reviews are always specific criticism and vague praise. The end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Await Your Reply.