Phrynne's Reviews > The Viscount Who Loved Me

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

bookshelves: 4000-books

Pure, unadulterated entertainment! I can tell I am going to love this series. The author has a talent for writing amusing dialogue and her characters are all so very charming.
One very interesting thing about this particular story was that Ms Quinn did not stoop to stereotypes. The stepmother was not wicked but was much loved and her daughter and step daughter also got along together really well. It was a nice touch.
The Bridgerton family are marvellous, always bickering and teasing each other but still all very much together. Colin stood out in this book and I look forward to eventually reading about his journey towards matrimony!
These are ideal books for reading when you just want some good, clean fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Viscount Who Loved Me.

January 3, 2017 – Shelved
January 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 20, 2017 – Started Reading
April 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 4000-books
April 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Jonetta It's one of my favorites and am glad you're seeing the best of it. I still have three books to finish.

Phrynne I am a Georgette Heyer fan and these books are very similar:)

message 3: by Rhonda (new) - added it

Rhonda Ruff I think i may have read this years ago Sounds like i would enjoy it again

Jilly I love the Bridgertons! :)

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn So good that you've found another historical series to enjoy :)

Robin My favorite Bridgerton book!

Sally906 Phrynne wrote: "I am a Georgette Heyer fan and these books are very similar:)"

I love Julia Quinn - but have never been able to get into Georgette Heyer's stuff

Phrynne Heyer is more old fashioned writing of course but I don't mind that. However Quinn has more than a few chaste kisses in her books and I don't mind that either:)

Nicola Have just requested the first one - looking forward to liking it as much as everyone else (and I am a massive Georgette Heyer fan) :)

Phrynne Then you should love it Nicole:)