Leila's Reviews > The Hero Is You: Sharpen Your Focus, Conquer Your Demons, and Become the Writer You Were Born to Be

The Hero Is You by Kendra Levin

I have long been the beneficiary of Kendra's wisdom and insight; her questions that cut right to the heart of the matter; and her boundless commitment to helping writers. I'm so glad she now has a book out so that more writers can learn from her. I wish I could give everyone a one-on-one coaching session with her, but reading THE HERO IS YOU is the next-best thing!

There are lots of books and classes out there that teach you how to get published, or how to improve your craft and become a "better writer." But I don't know of other books that teach you how to become a happier, more fulfilled writer, by looking at you-as-writer in the larger context of you-as-full-person. We all struggle with writer's block, or self-doubt, or too many competing commitments and distractions, or jealousy of others' success, and on and on. We all want to create a great written product, but often our process of getting there is so deeply fraught and unpleasant. And that--dealing with the process--is where this book is a life-changer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero Is You.

Finished Reading
January 3, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

:Donna Marie Coming from you, Leila--a wonderful writer in your own right--this review says a lot! I'll definitely be checking it out :)