Jasmine Rose's Reviews > Slice of Cherry

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

Jul 19, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011-books-read

This book was...weird. Incredibly weird. And quite creepy as well. Now, I suppose I should have known what I was getting myself into with the synopsis, but I was hoping there was more to the story (not to mention the cover which really drew me in), especially with all the talk of doors and other worlds. Sadly, it wasn't what I was hoping for.

This book was so full of blood and gore, I might as well have only spent 2 hours watching a slasher movie and gotten the same effect. Sure, there was a little bit about the sisters' relationship with each other and their relationships by other people, but that was a little hard to get into amidst all the blood. Did I mention there was a LOT of blood?

Besides all the gore, the writing didn't impress me all that much. I found myself feeling lost a few times simply because things were introduced but not explained. Sometimes it felt like I was just expected to know what someone's expression looked like or what something specific to that world meant automatically. It also felt like some situations just popped up out of nowhere. The transitions were greatly lacking, in my opinion.

Final thoughts: This book was definitely not my taste. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either. I finished expecting something different to happen, but nothing ever did. The moral here would likely be "don't expect something different from a synopsis that tells you something directly."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slice of Cherry.

July 19, 2011 – Started Reading