Isha's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

liked it

I would rate this book a 3.5. I'm usually very interested in books that have a spin on Greek Mythology, so I didn't doubt I'd be interested in this book as well. Most Greek Mythology YA books focus on the Persephone and Hades myth, but this book didn't! LOVED that!

I will say there needed to be more characterization. I had so many questions throughout the book that would have helped me get to know the characters more but were never really answered... what god is Damien descended from (is it Hera like Stella?). What happened to Stella’s mom? What about Nicole? What God is she from? I wish we got more about Damien and Stella and get to heart of why Stella is the way she is. Along that line, I didn't really love Valerie as a mother character. She is a therapist in the book, yet she seems clueless as to why Phoebe would be mad at her after the move and isn't honest with her. In the end, some of this is explained but its never explained why Valerie and Damien couldn't have just gotten married later? I could totally understand why Phoebe was mad.. i was just as mad if not more.A random character I loved was Coach Lenny. Super random character but I liked how he encouraged Phoebe and was there for her compared to almost every other character. Lastly, There needed to be more of Justin in the beginning of the book if they were going to bring him into other parts of the book, because it just seemed really random.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book, I just finished it wanting more from the characters. I wanted to know more about them and who they are. I know there is a sequel so maybe that would help?

*Note: I'm an Amazon Affiliate. If you're interested in buying Oh. My. Gods. , just click on the link below to go through my link. I'll make a small commission!*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

January 3, 2017 – Shelved