Sarah Joint's Reviews > Lost Girls

Lost Girls by Merrie Destefano

19758811

I don't often read young adult novels, but every once in awhile I read one that convinces me to read more. This is one of them. Dark, fanciful, and engaging. I had such a hard time putting it down. It's a great story about friendship... and fighting. How far down you can fall when you make a few bad decisions. What kind of consequences they can have. And fighting for what's right, instead of just for fun or as an outlet for anger and rage.

Our story begins with Rachel running into the road, begging for help. She's been missing for two weeks, but her last memories were a year ago. She doesn't even recognize herself. Dying her hair, chopping it off when she was trying to grow it long? And what is up with the all black wardrobe? She quickly finds that her life has actually improved in some ways during the year she doesn't remember... she's doing better in school, slaying at ballet lessons and winning major parts, and has the attention of a cute classmate she used to crush on. That all sounds good, but not everything is so positive. She has different friends, having abandoned her old best friend she used to do everything with. She seems to have picked up some martial arts training. She feels angry and aggressive at small transgressions. And it seems she started to maybe even dabble in drugs. Could this really be her?

I don't want to give many details that weren't in the description. It's best to just dive right in. You'll probably end up blowing right through the whole book, as I did! Very easy to read and addictive.

I received an ARC of this book from Net Galley and Entangled Publishing, LLC. Thank you! My review is honest and unbiased.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Girls.

January 3, 2017 – Started Reading