Thepinkaholic's Reviews > Big Bona Ogles, Boy!

Big Bona Ogles, Boy! by Michael   Gallagher

F 50x66
Feb 25, 2017

I received a free copy of this ebook as a generous gift from the author with no strings attached or expectations. This review is given freely and completely voluntarily. All thoughts and words are my own.

I loved this book!

This is the third book in the series. While it is helpful to have read the previous books in the series, I feel that it could easily stand alone. I read the previous book in the series and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Octavius (aka Octopus) is incredibly likeable and Bertha continues to be my favorite character. I wish we had seen more of her in this book. Octavius, yet again, solves the mystery, while, this time, training George, his apprentice. They make a good team.

There's an American medium and her entourage, a contested will, a nefarious duo, and a murder or two. In a locked room, everyone is a suspect. It's a right muck of a mess, and many things may not be as they seem, but Octavius, with the help of George, solves the crime and saves a life, right in the nick of time!

Once again Michael Gallagher creates a vivid, almost tangible reality in Victorian England. That, with his rich character development, and engaging plot makes this book incredibly enjoyable and downright fun!

I look forward to seeing Octavius Guy (and Bertha!) again and again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bona Ogles, Boy!.

January 2, 2017 – Shelved