Rie Rose's Reviews > Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Skyla Dawn Cameron

1782075

Recommended for: all vampire lovers -- particularly those needing a respite from sparkly.

I really enjoyed Bloodlines. I thought that Ms. Cameron had some interesting deviations from the stereotypical vampire. There were sections of the plot that I thought were a little far-fetched, but they all fit within the parameters of her world as created. I loved the character of Zara Lain. As mentioned in practically every review, Zara is the Queen of Snark. The dialogue reflects this well -- it is very natural. Nate and Zara's relationship also felt very natural, if a little rocky to start. I thought most of the supporting characters were well drawn, and even the bit players were unique individuals instead of cookie cutter cardboard. There were a few editing hiccups that made me cringe, but they didn't detract too much from the plot. I thought that secrets were revealed in a graceful manner, and the book kept me turning pages, eager to know what happened next. I look forward to seeing the next book in the series, because I want to know what mischief Zara will get into next -- even if she is not to be the focus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlines.

July 5, 2011 – Started Reading