Samanta 's Reviews > All the President's Men

All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein

11938869

liked it
bookshelves: history

I you don't have an extensive background knowledge of this topic (Nixon's presidency, the 1972 elections, who all the president's men actually are), this book might be just a bit too much for you. I felt assaulted by too much data thrown at me in a too fast pace. There were some very interesting parts, and just like a lot of reviews say, it read like a detective thriller, but by the end of it, the story just dragged, and I lost track of who is who, and what is what and whodunit. On the other hand, it spurred enough interest for me to want to learn more about Nixon and the whole affair.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the President's Men.

January 2, 2017 – Started Reading
January 2, 2017 – Shelved
January 2, 2017 – Shelved as: history
January 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by KOMET (new) - added it

KOMET Samanta, I liked your review. Although I was a schoolboy at the time of Watergate, I remember many of those events. Nixon liked to think he could be above the law simply because he was President of the United States. He always struck me as grim and a little scary.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson Great review, Samanta.

Samanta  KOMET wrote: "Samanta, I liked your review. Although I was a schoolboy at the time of Watergate, I remember many of those events. Nixon liked to think he could be above the law simply because he was President of..."

Thank you! Well, I know nothing of him except that he was a president of U.S., so this gave me little more info about him.

Samanta  Jill wrote: "Great review, Samanta."

Thank you!