Nicole's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Breathtaking and heartbreaking...

review to come

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Quotes Nicole Liked

Cassandra Clare
“They’re not hideous,” said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. “What?”
“Gideon and Gabriel,” said Tessa. “They’re really quite good-looking, not hideous at all.”
“I spoke,” said Will, in sepulchral tones, “of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls.”
Tessa snorted. “And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?”
“Mauve,” said Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“You’re seventeen,” Magnus said. “You can’t have wasted a life you’ve barely lived.”

Cassandra Clare
“She smiled at him. “How did you know just what I’d want to see?”
“How could I not?” he said. “When I think of you, and you are not there, I see you in my mind’s eye always with a book in your hand.” He looked away from her as he said it, but not before she caught the slight flush on his cheekbones. He was so pale, he could never hide even the least blush, she thought — and was surprised how affectionate the thought was.”

Cassandra Clare
“Our souls are knit. We are one person, James.”

Cassandra Clare
“When Will truly wants something,” said Jem, quietly, “when he feels something — he can break your heart.”

Cassandra Clare
“Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you?
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”

Cassandra Clare
“Love potions? For Will Herondale? T’aint my way to turn down payment, but any man who looks like you has got no need of love potions, and that’s a fact.”

Cassandra Clare
“Look well on this, my son," said the green-skinned man, "for one day I shall rule a clockwork kingdom of such beings, and you shall be its prince.”

Cassandra Clare
“Must I go bound while you go free
Must I love a manwho doesn't love me
Must I be born with so little art
As to love a man who'll break my Heart”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
July 18, 2011 – Shelved
December 12, 2011 – Shelved as: fav-author
December 13, 2011 – Started Reading
December 13, 2011 –
page 1
0.2% "YES! I get to read this now! WOOO HOOO!! My next review isn't due until the 19th! Plenty of time!"
December 13, 2011 –
page 10
December 14, 2011 –
page 50
December 14, 2011 –
page 100
page 170
34.14% ""Must I go bound while you go free Must I love a manwho doesn't love me Must I be born with so little art As to love a man who'll break my Heart""
page 231
page 263
52.81% "Chapter 12 Masquerade"
page 315
63.25% "13 - The Mortal Sword"
December 16, 2011 –
page 425
85.34% "The infamous chapter 18 - Until I die. I don't know if I want to start it! ACK!!!"
December 16, 2011 –
page 433
86.95% "*Whew* Chapter 18 done! Not I am upset about this development I did not throw the book, after all the drama about 18 I really thought it was going to be worse. Although I will admit to the crying.... :("
December 16, 2011 – Finished Reading
December 18, 2011 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)

Lady Heather can't wait to read what you think of this story..I loved Cassandra Clare's 'Clockwork Angel'..I hope this one doesn't disappoint.

Nicole I know me too! I have been watching Kay read it and I am scared to pick it up!! LOL

Marijke Jansen Just finished Clockwork Angel today and I loved it. I'm a little bit jealous that you already started in Clockwork Prince. Please let me know if I should order it fast! ;)

Nicole will do I just have to finish something I have for review then onto Prince, probably start it tomorrow.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I want this book...bad

Jennifer (random jendsmit) Sooooo - how are you liking it so far? I loved it :) I threw my Kindle against a wall at a point LOL... Same point Kay threw hers down on the table ;) Let me know how you are liking once you get into it!!

Nicole LOL, so far so good! No throwing yet but Im only on chapter 5, Kay says the throwing begins at ch 18

;-)

Jennifer (random jendsmit) LMAO! Yeah - it's quite a ways into the book :)

Erika I loved this book and threw my book in ch 18 too! It was really strange because one chapter I was ready to throw it and the next I was crying. Hope you like it!

message 10: by Mithrendiel (last edited Dec 15, 2011 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mithrendiel I loved this book - it was heart breaking but fantastic. I look forward to seeing your review. :D

Nicole Oh god... I hope this is not going where I think this is going... pls...no!

Mithrendiel LOL uh oh... where do you think it's going?