Duchess Nicole's Reviews > Holiday in Death

Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb

2204947
Ack, Robb's villains in this series are so skeevy. This guy was a really nasty piece of work, and the fact that it muddled Eve's mind due to how personal it was for her was not a new idea. However, it still stirs up a lot of pity from the reader...namely ME. I hope that Eve seriously addresses her issues soon. I love this series but something I just thought about while listening to this installment is how Eve is the one with all the problems. Girl is messed up. And I suppose entering into a relationship with Roarke and allowing all of these new friendships into her life are a big step in the right direction for her. Still, I would like to see some healing start to take shape.

There's something going on between Peabody and McNab, and I'm loving that angle of the story. I have a feeling their romance will play out slowly, so it will be great fun to watch that unfold. The series seems to get a little sexier in this book. Roarke is awfully randy for his wife, and I'm okay with that :D

Another great listen! Love the narrator. The story was, of course, very good. I just read awhile back about how this author has no plans to give Eve and Roarke a child...like, EVER. And I'm really bummed out about that. I think it would add an element to their relationship (and the series) that it needs. Give it some levity in a different direction than the same ole badass cop, hot husband thing. I'd love to see Eve as a mother. But woe is me...never gonna happen. I'll get my kid fix somewhere else, I guess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday in Death.

July 18, 2011 – Shelved
July 18, 2011 – Shelved as: e-pcs
October 28, 2014 – Started Reading
October 30, 2014 –
20.0% "Roarke's voice gives me good shivers!!"
November 6, 2014 –
November 7, 2014 – Shelved as: rape
November 7, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014
November 7, 2014 – Shelved as: z-audiobooks
November 7, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Head in the clouds wooo keep reading/listening! it just gets better and better - especially the Peabody and McNab angle ;D

Kristen I love this series. Nicely said, Nicole. <3

message 3: by Karla (last edited Nov 09, 2014 09:46AM) (new)

Karla Great review Nicole! JD Robb might not be giving Eve and Roarke a child of their own, but you will see children written into the story-lines in some of the books, and E & R's interactions with them and reactions to them are priceless! I have no doubt you will enjoy what is in the pages going forward for Peabody and McNab. Speaking of which, I need to grab the next listen, I'm somewhere around book 24...I have ways to go, but the series still does it for me!

Jessy Aw, I agree with you on the kids thing, even though it doesn't surprise me to find out that the author is not planning to go that route. While I don't think everyone should have kids, and if Roarke and Eve do they should definitely take their time with it, I would love to see them in that role! I think it would add a great dimension to their relationship. Maybe when the author finally decides to conclude the series, she will change her mind?