Sara's Reviews > A Gathering of Shadows

A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab

bookshelves: action-packed, adult-books-that-appeal-to-teens, fantasy, magic-system-love, multiple-povs, world-building-love, prose-love
Read 2 times. Last read March 9, 2017 to March 17, 2017.

Finished reading A GATHERING OF SHADOWS about a week ago, but I haven't had time to write a review because... well, life got in the way. :/ So I don't remember most of what I wanted to say, but here's what I do remember:

I loved AGOS, either just as much as A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC or maybe more. It's impossible to decide. The Essen Tasch (Elemental Games) was mind-blowingly action-packed and fun, and it was great to see the world of Red London outside of the Maresh empire. The new characters are great, and Lila's and Kell's expanded growth made this all the more rewarding. Plus, you learn so much more about the magic system in this book.

And that ending. HOLY CRAP, THAT ENDING. I was already planning on reading A CONJURING OF LIGHT as soon as I finished AGOS, and I'm so glad I did. Because if I had to wait for a year instead, I probably would have clawed my hair out. *ouch*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gathering of Shadows.

Finished Reading
page 63
12.3% "YESSSSSSS. :D"
March 12, 2017 –
page 204
39.84% "This series is just so much FUN. :D"
March 13, 2017 –
page 254
49.61% "I love how the first line I read last night was "Dammit, Bard, you're going to set the cat on fire." XD Also, I'm dying to know about the history between Alucard, Kell, and Rhy. Schwab does an excellent job of hinting at their feelings towards one another without revealing specifics - but man, I can't wait for the truth to come out."
March 15, 2017 –
page 341
66.6% "Let the Games begin! *rubs her hands together in anticipation*"
March 16, 2017 –
page 401
78.32% "Ohhhhh Lila's going to figure it out, I know she will! *starts bouncing up and down with excitement*

I might have to stay up late and finish this tonight. :D"
March 17, 2017 – Finished Reading