Kathryn's Reviews > The Gender Lie

The Gender Lie by Bella Forrest

F 50x66

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!

Wow! One of the best things I like about this series is that the books are months apart. I don't have to wait an entire year for the next book, thank goodness. I read this on the day it came out and was super excited. This book did not disappoint. There were so many plot twists that I found it refreshing. It wasn't predictable at all and I found myself just as confused as Violet when she found out some revelations about Desmond and her faction. I also enjoyed reading about the Matrian boys and how they were also a part of the plot instead of just being set aside. I was really curious about them to see how they would fit into the story but now I can see Bella Forrest setting it up for the next book. Lastly, OMG I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF VIGGO AND VIOLET. Their relationship is very mature and well written. There is no unfaithfulness in both of the and I admired the fact that theirs was a healthy one. They communicated their problems and they would forgive each other after their fights, they also leaned on one another for support and ask for advice. This book and their relationship is really refreshing because the maturity and thoughtfulness is not seen in most YA books. In other YA books, you would have angsty main characters who would make the most idiotic decisions that made you pull your hair out and cry out in frustration. With this book, you can see that the characters use their common sense and try to make the best decision that is reasonable. They react the way you would react if you were in their situation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gender Lie.

Finished Reading