Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Eternal Hunger

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Jul 18, 2011

bookshelves: erotic-pnr, fantasy, great-heroines, kickass, paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, vampires
Read from April 29 to May 04, 2012

Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/05/book-review-eternal-hunger-mark-of.html

Wow, what a story this was. I have been hearing about this series for a while and since I am nuts for sexy vampires, I gave it a go. I love finding books that do something a little different with vampire mythology and this was no exception. Wright and her sexy vamps are going to fit nicely on my bookshelf.

I am a huge fan of Alexander. I was thrown off by him at first because I thought he was possessed or something. The guy was scary as hell. But he grows on you quickly. Him and his brothers have been through a lot and they are very close. Alex is the oldest and he does his best to protect them from a life they fought tooth and nail to escape. I love these sort of family stories, ever since starting the Black Dagger Brotherhood, I have been on the hunt for them. And this was a great one. The woman that saved Alex, Sara, is a doctor who is very determined and curious. She really fights for what she wants and that is clear when she spends her life trying to save her brother Gray who has mentally checked out.

I love Alex's brothers Nicholas and Lucian. Nicholas has his head on straight and is the peacemaker out of the three. I love that Wright gave us a little glimpse into his past and it is very bleak and destructive. I am bouncing up and down for his book. Already added in my library queue. Then there's Lucian. Oh Lucian. He is the bad seed out of the three. He is mean, wild and unpredictable. But he was also likable. He has a very dark sense of humor and I can't wait for more from him either.

I was very invested in this story. I love the idea of PureBlood and Impure vampires. Pureblood vampires are born and are privileged. Impure are the ones that were turned and are treated like servants. One Impure named Ethan didn't like that. He is an Impure with the power of a PureBlood from a superior vamp. He wants to create an army of Impures to take out the PureBlood vampires. He is kidnapping both kinds of vamps and humans alike and having them impregnated. I love where this story went and how badass it was. Man, I love a good gun fight. I am dying for more. Someone is betraying the PureBloods and I want to know who.

As much as I love the plot however, it did take me a bit to get into it. The book has its information overload moments and things were a bit confusing at first. I just wish things were explained a little quicker because you do feel left in the dark a few times. Also, the language for some of the sex scenes might throw you off, they did for me. I already had the discussion on how I am not a fan of the "C" word, but luckily, the story was rich and intriguing enough for me to look past that.

Besides that, this was a great read. It was very sexy and suspenseful. I loved the ending, quite a bit comes to light that put a smile on my face while others leave your mouth hanging open. The characters are so incredible. I want more of Dillon, her and Sara definitely have a dynamic that is pretty interesting. Also Gray and Bronwyn who may give Lucian a run for his money. Overall, don't miss out on this one. This is a series worth devouring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Hunger.