Maddy's Reviews > In Truth and Ashes

In Truth and Ashes by Nicole Luiken

Jan 01, 2017

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews

*I received this eBook as a review copy from a publisher at Entangled Teen via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I have got to say this was a good conclusion to the end of the Otherselves trilogy. I loved learning more about the True World, which was the last world we hadn't learned that much about yet. Belinda is going to be bonded to someone of her families choosing in order to ensure that the next generation will have four other selves. Something goes wrong after the bonding ceremony, so Belinda decides to go on a quest to find and destroy Malachi. On her quest, Belinda brings along her childhood friend, Damian.

An overall theme that I found interesting was how prominent Fire World and Leah were to the whole series. I really liked how Nicole Luiken wove her through the story and having her have a part in the "war." Also, throughout the book they looped must of the other worlds in multiple times which, I liked because I loved learning more about each of the worlds.

Throughout the third book, many things seem to begin to fall into place. With learning more about the True World, you understand more about the mirror worlds. With that you start to see all the sides of the story after learning about the worlds in the other books. I enjoyed reading the book as all the pieces began to fall into place and you could finally understand why that event happened.
I really enjoyed the third book and would reccomend the Otherselves trilogy to anyone who enjoys fantasy books or mythology. Nicole Luiken is an amazing author and I truely enjoyed reading this book. "In Truth and Ashes" had it's up and downs but overall I really enjoyed the book and would definately reccomend it to my friends who love fantasy books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Truth and Ashes.

Started Reading