Erin Clemence's Reviews > Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis

Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis by Anne Rice

Anne Rice’s “The Vampire Chronicles” continues with this fifth instalment, “Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis”, the follow-up novel to “Prince Lestat” (from 2014).
In this instalment, Lestat is still the reigning Prince of Vampires, living with the spirit Amel inside him, a spirit that connects him to the rest of the Vampire world, but a spirit that no one (not even Lestat) truly understands. When the Vampires are visited by a small group of beings claiming to have a deep understanding of the spirit, Amel, we are then introduced to the “Replimiods”, the almost-human life forms that came from the planet of Bravenna and lived on the long-lost city of Atalantaya (or presumably, “Atlantis”). Soon Lestat and the survival of his vampires is at-risk, and Lestat must make important choices that will deeply affect his own life and the life of his followers.
I am a die-hard, life-long fan of the great Ms. Rice. I cannot turn away from anything she writes, and consume everything she publishes with a passionate voracity. This novel was no different. Ms. Rice continues the story of the much-loved Lestat, re-introducing us to his past and the important characters in his life, while still keeping the storyline new and exciting. Old characters are mixed in with brand new characters, old storylines are continued and new storylines are introduced and never once was I bored or disinterested. Each chapter and each page grips a reader in the creatively unique way that only Anne Rice has, and the page-turning power of this novel is unmatched.
The Replimiods are a unique group of characters, ones that could very easily be cheesy or overdone if the writer was someone other than the extremely talented Anne Rice. They are creative characters, characters that generate an immediate bond with the reader and are extremely novel, introducing a new level of ingenuity and imagination. A reader continues to forge a passionate bond with Lestat and his followers, and this novel generates a new breed for readers to form relationships with.
This novel is a must-read for fans of Anne Rice and “The Vampire Chronicles”, especially the passionate devotees of Lestat and his brood. This page-turning, addictive, thrill-ride of a novel will draw you in from page one, and keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. The ending is satisfying, leaving a reader wanting for more yet leaving no questions unanswered. It is written such that another novel could easily come after this one, and I would be more than willing to stand in line and wait for that one too. After thirty-five novels, Ms. Rice continues to blow her readers away, and has not slowed down yet. I eagerly await her next novel and encourage any and all of her fans to experience this new novel as soon as possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis.

January 1, 2017 – Started Reading
January 1, 2017 – Shelved
January 7, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by PorshaJo (new)

PorshaJo Interested in how this one is. I used to read her stuff and lost interest after awhile. Though Lestat was always one of my favorite characters. Looking forward to your review.

Erin Clemence PorshaJo wrote: "Interested in how this one is. I used to read her stuff and lost interest after awhile. Though Lestat was always one of my favorite characters. Looking forward to your review."

So far so good, PorshaJo! I must say though, I am extremely biased. Anne Rice is pretty much my literary idol and I find it difficult to dislike any books she writes. I have read all of the books in this series though, and a review will definitely be posted upon completion of this one!

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Erin! :)

Erin Clemence Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Erin! :)"

Thanks Candace. I am extremely biased because Anne Rice like, rules my literary world. But this one was wonderful and a great, great read!

message 5: by PorshaJo (last edited Jan 08, 2017 08:42PM) (new)

PorshaJo Nice review Erin! Nice to see Rice is continuing the story of the brat prince Lestat. Sounds like it was quite interesting.

Norma * Traveling Sister Great 5* review, Erin so glad you enjoyed. I have only read the first book.

Erin Clemence Norma wrote: "Great 5* review, Erin so glad you enjoyed. I have only read the first book."

Norma, thank you! I have the entire Chronicles series and it's such a great one to re-read. Hopefully you'll get to explore her others one day.

PorshaJo wrote: "Nice review Erin! Nice to see Rice is continuing the story of the brat prince Lestat. Sounds like it was quite interesting."

Thanks PorshaJo! I was happy to see Lestat's storyline continued as well, and no one does it better!

Andy It is the 12th book in the series, not the 5th