Lindsay's Reviews > The Fiery Heart

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

5206569
Jul 17, 2011

bookshelves: reviews, new-adult

This book was AWESOME! I seriously love this series. This book was no exception.

However, with that said…I hated the ending. And that’s me being nice. I loathed the ending! (Note: the horrible ending in no way detracts from the awesomeness of this book. Part of why the book was so good is because the ending was so bad)

I have to say that at the end of the last book, I was all giddy about the new relationship between Adrian and Sydney. I couldn’t wait to see them together. But unfortunately, Sydney’s betraying bitch sister showed up to throw a monkey wrench into things.

And that’s where we pick up. Adrian and Sydney are sneaking around to spend time with each other and Zoe is being a petulant brat about having to report to Sydney and calling her out for doing her job. To be perfectly honest (and in case you can’t already tell)…I hated Zoe. With a passion. A burning passion. Of a thousand suns. A burning passion that had me wanting to drive her off a cliff…onto sharp rocks below…feeding her to sharks. Yes, my vampire is showing. I seriously wanted to go all Dexter on Zoe.

However, I give Richelle Mead credit for creating a character I hated beyond all reason. And for me, Zoe is beyond redemption. I hope she’s not seen again in the series. If she is, I hope Sydney goes off on her and cuts Zoe out of her life.

There was definitely progress made in this book story wise. Some interesting developments happened with the tattoos and ink and I can’t wait to see how that comes into play later.

And I really can’t wait to see how they get Sydney back and/or how Sydney gets out of her current situation.

This series is a must read for anyone that likes YA/NA paranormal romance. And as much as I liked the Vampire Academy books, I think this series is better.

My Adrian.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fiery Heart.

July 17, 2011 – Shelved
November 20, 2013 – Started Reading
November 23, 2013 – Finished Reading
May 18, 2014 – Shelved as: reviews
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: new-adult

Chris This is next on my TBR list!! So.excited!

Lindsay It was so good! I almost regret reading it now instead of waiting for the next book because of the ending, but it would have tortured me if I hadn't read it! :)

I can't wait to see what you think! :)

Chris She is always leaving us hanging.... I wouldn't expect any less! I would've read it already but had to finish Gameboard of the Gods first ;)

Lindsay LOl. Yes she does!

I haven't read Gameboard of the Gods yet. Was it good?

Chris It was a bit sci fi for my taste. So I took forever reading it.... But I will read the series in whole. I can't say I was disappointed in it but I wasn't blown away either.

Lindsay I know what you mean. I liked Vampire Academy, but looking back, it wasn't as good (for me) as Bloodlines. I'm enjoying this one much more.

Chris I loved VA. That's what got me started with all her books ;) and BL is the first spin off I've ever read bc I usually don't like the idea of them =\. I miss Rose and Dimitri! Lol! I'm definitely iffy about the movie adaptation!

Lindsay I was looking forward to it until I saw the previews when I went to see Catching Fire. I don't think it's going to do the book justice.

Chris I have been following since they were trying to sell the script to production companies. When the full preview released early in the week I was disappointed. although it won't atop me from seeing it come feburary! Lol.

Lindsay LOL. Same here. I'll definitely go see it. I just hope the previews didn't do it justice and that it's better than it looks. However...the guy they have playing Dimitri...looks nothing like I pictured him!

Chris I'm not happy with any of the casting to be honest =\

Lindsay LOL. I don't really have an opinion on the girls but the guys just aren't living up to what I saw in my head.

message 13: by Lindsay (last edited Nov 24, 2013 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay Thanks Alyssa. :)

OMG. It's so good! You definitely have to read it! And if you give me a heads up, I'll reread them with you. :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wonderful review Lindsay. yea Zoe bugged the heck out of me too. it will be interesting to see how that plays out!

Lindsay Thanks Sharon!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Lindsay wrote: "Thanks Sharon!

This series just gets better and better. I didn't think I would love Adrian and Sydney as much as I do. I know there are only a few books left and that both makes me happy and sad."

yep i feel the same way!

Chris Maybe she'll throw us a bone and release it early! And the last installment too!! I agree with you that I should have waited with a ending like that! Gah!

Chris And I think she left it open to Trey and Angeline being up to something. Or possibly in on the plot against Sydney.

Lindsay D Christine wrote: "And I think she left it open to Trey and Angeline being up to something. Or possibly in on the plot against Sydney."

I didn't consider that about Trey and/or Angeline! That would be horrible!

Chris the end in the library with his comments about the warriors of light... Makes me suspicious. plus how she kept laying it on thick abt how Angeline is smarter then everyone gives hr credit for ect ect

Lindsay You're right! I thought it was odd that she kept talking up Angeline.

Chris Guess it leaves an opening for book 5 or possibly 6.

message 23: by Lindsay (last edited Dec 03, 2013 06:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay I wonder if she'll spin it off into another series for Angeline and Trey. Delve into the Warrior of Light and maybe send him in as a double agent type of thing.

Chris Could!! I just saw that as a major story foreshadowing that didn't go anywhere in this story.. maybe the next one. Maybe building for anotjer spin off?

Lindsay That's what I'm thinking. She did it with by introducing the Alchemists in Vampire Academy and now she's introduced a new group to delve into.

It's smart. Finish up a series but stay in the world and keep drawing the fans.

Chris Yeah, I could see that. With its popularity I can see people keeping with a 2 spin off into a similar world. It could keep warriors of light and the Rebel alchemists as major players

Lindsay You're right, the revel Alchemists are another group to focus on. I kind of forgot about them.

Chris Keeping Sydney on as a supporting character being a leader for the Rebel alchemists!!

Lindsay That would be awesome! Especially since I didn't like Marcus.

And I can see all of them rolling back into one book or series to finish off the world of VA/BL.

Chris I was also happy to see a little more Rose and Dimitri this go around too!!! Even though it wasn't much... It was more then normal ;)

Lindsay It was nice to catch up with them.

message 32: by Rach (new)

Rach Lovely review I have seen book 1 of this series and thought about reading it ages ago but never got around to it sadly! Love your Adrian <3

Lindsay Rach *Mind f~ck lover* wrote: "Lovely review I have seen book 1 of this series and thought about reading it ages ago but never got around to it sadly! Love your Adrian <3"

Omg. You should read this series! It is so good! :)

message 34: by Rach (new)

Rach Hmmmm its prn! I don't really do prn anymore well not without good reason!

Give me one and I will see if it is good enough!?!

Lindsay Because the connection and feelings between Adrian and Sydney are so great! And because I'm asking you to. :)

message 36: by Rach (new)

Rach DAMN YOU!!!!!!! Wow straight for the heart! hahahahaha! *sobs* now if I say no I feel like a bitch :(

Ooooo I will get my revenge one day!!!! hahahahaha!

Lindsay LOL. No, you won't be a b!tch. You can say no. I'll understand. :)

It probably isn't your type of book. It's ok. :)

message 38: by Rach (new)

Rach OH so now you are trying to tempt me by saying 'its not for me' hoping I will say 'well Lindsay can just get lost trying to tell me what books I may/may not be into'

Pfft! You are a sneaky one miss Lindsay!!

Lindsay LOL. I'm not trying to be sneaky! Honest! Don't read it. I know you won't like it and I'll feel bad if you read it just for me.

message 40: by Rach (new)

Rach I won't why? Bloomin heck woman make your mind up :(

Lindsay Lol. Sorry! I just love sharing the books I love with friends but as much as you might end up loving Sydney and Adrian, they're relationship builds over the series.

message 42: by Rach (new)

Rach See you know me well it wouldn't work too well for me but never say never :)

No need to say sorry it's good you like them so much :)

Natalie I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME!! I want to hit Zoe in the face... With a truck, full of live piranhas and Cannibalistic monkeys :) but I still LOOVEE the book

Lindsay Natalie wrote: "I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME!! I want to hit Zoe in the face... With a truck, full of live piranhas and Cannibalistic monkeys :) but I still LOOVEE the book"

LMAO!

OMG. Natalie, that was great! I'm going to have to remember piranhas and cannibalistic monkeys for the future!

I can't wait for the next book. I need more Adrian and Sydney! :)

Natalie Haha, do you know if Anything about the next book has been said?

Chris Natalie wrote: "Haha, do you know if Anything about the next book has been said?"
We have a release of July 29! And a cover and synopses ;)

Natalie D Christine wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Haha, do you know if Anything about the next book has been said?"
We have a release of July 29! And a cover and synopses ;)"

YAAAYY! Thankyou :)