Alicia's Reviews > The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales o... by Robert Louis Stevenson

Jul 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: classics
Read from November 12 to 14, 2011

This book was, thankfully, very short. I read it in a semester in college that was jam-packed with several other required readings. It's brevity doesn't take away from how good it is; however. It explores the duality Stevenson (and I) believe we have in all of us. Dr. Henry Jekyll is the good, responsible- and downright boring- side. Jekyll, as some people are apt to do, decides he wants to explore his 'dark' side. Because this is a work of fiction, Stevenson has creative license on how Jekyll comes to explore this side of himself. The resulting personality of his experiment is the creepy Mr. Hyde. However, as always happens, Dr. Jekyll comes to realize that he can't have his cake and eat it too. So that I don't completely spoil the book suffice it to say that this book does not end well for anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror.