Lucy Hay's Reviews > Rupture

Rupture by Ragnar Jónasson

26191660
Jan 05, 2017

I loved this! Taking in a missing child, the murder of a politician's son, a town in quarantine AND a mysterious poisoning dating back fifty years, RUPTURE by Ragnar Jonasson is one of those rare beasts: a convoluted plot that never once becomes complicated or unwieldy. Taking his cue from greats like Agatha Christie, Jonasson weaves a story that is full of intrigue, keeping us on our toes throughout, bringing us towards a satisfying denouement that is full of juicy - not to mention tragic - revelations.

I loved the story world here, especially the abandoned fjord - growing up near Exmoor on Devon, I feel like I have an affinity with the wilds of Iceland, even though I've never been there (yet!). What's more, the characters really come to life on the page: everyone feels three dimensional and authentic, so even the (potential) bad guys' motivations are understandable, even if we don't condone them.

This is a uniquely IcelandNoir look at 'classic' crime fiction and by jimminy it works for me - this was my first outing in the Ari Thor series, but it certainly won't be my last! Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rupture.

January 1, 2016 – Started Reading