Kay's Reviews > An Author's Guide to Goodreads: How to Network with Millions of Readers

An Author's Guide to Goodreads by Barb Drozdowich

1200568

Barb Drozdowich has tackled the millipede that is Goodreads, and given us a book for the networker-author, as well as for the avid reader – both want to leverage all the complexity of the jam-packed premier web destination for readers. The book’s entry-level walk-through revealed a lot to me, even though I am a long and active user/review writer on Goodreads, and I was happy to learn skills of using the site successfully for an author. How to put a Group Widget on an Author Website is a happy find, and so is how to multiply the goodness of a group for a Facebook Page—and there are more plusses, i.e., revealing the Goodreads Author Feedback group is a bonanza!!
One of the Super Value-Added features of this book is the free accompanying-link video that shows how to do all the things discussed in the book. This dual resource is the most valuable tool I found during 2016.
How to use lists; How to include Ebooks-Excerpts-Preview! And using emails for announcing your new book, or recommending a book—all these are so welcome.
Since this book’s author has a Page on Goodreads, I can just go ask her questions that came up as I read the book, like “how do I send those charming new-book-release emails that I occasionally get from authors I’ve reviewed favorably?”
I think everyone has a treasure they found by accident on Goodreads, and for me it is the “Private Notes, shown only to you” at the bottom of your review page under “ More details”. But this is for readers … and the book is for authors … so not a complaint!!!
Reading a chapter, then watching it on the video is the best teacher—and I feel so much more competent and enjoy more on Goodreads than “before Barb.” Keep this close by as a reference—it will repay your purchase many times over!!
Bonus = I learned 2 new words: squee! & tooltip …
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Author's Guide to Goodreads.

November 28, 2016 – Started Reading