Gigi Ann's Reviews > Eggs Benedict Arnold

Eggs Benedict Arnold by Laura Childs

liked it

I read this book October 11-15, 2010.

This is the first Cackleberry Club Mystery I have read. It's about a group of three women--Suzanne, Petra and Toni. Suzanne's husband recently passed away. Petra's husband has Alzheimer Disease, and Toni's womanizing husband has left her (again).

The cafe' also features a Book Nook and a Knitting Nest, which sounded like an interesting place to spend an afternoon. I would love to set in the Book Nook reading or in the Knitting Nest crocheting, I don't knit.

Suzanne and the other ladies become amateur detectives when Suzanne finds the body of Ozzie the local funeral director murdered. Suzanne is attacked when she unknowingly walks in on the scene of the murder to deliver a pie.

Why the local sheriff goes to this small business owner for advice about the murderer is puzzle in itself. So Many events happen in this book, and it doesn't really end with a fireworks ending, but rather a mildly interesting conclusion, it was mildly interesting, but it really wasn't a page-turner for me. But, all-in-all, for a cozy mystery it was a delightful little read.

I gave this book 3*** because it was an OK read.

I borrowed this book from my local library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eggs Benedict Arnold.

Finished Reading