Book's Reviews > Hello, My Name is Ruby

Hello, My Name is Ruby by Philip C. Stead

bookshelves: children, animals

"“Hello, My Name Is Ruby"” written by Philip C. Stead brings a nice children book story about friendship and love presented through the adventures of one little bird.

The main character, a cute small bird named Ruby who sings beautifully wants to meet new friends. Therefore she will introduce herself to every other animal -– a giraffe, a stork, and others -– she will meet on her way. Besides she lacks the company, Ruby is also a very curious bird so she will ask all kinds of questions.
In the end, Ruby will meet another bird which has already heard about Ruby; he will help her to surpass all her dreams and bravely fly away to new adventures.

Philip C. Stead with "“Hello, My Name Is Ruby"” made a warm and inspiring story for younger children that will be able to fully enjoy this little bird search for friends, adventures and knowledge. Besides his story is all about love, friendship and love, Stead'’s work brings wonderful message about seeing the good in others.

How much young readers will enjoy the text of this story, equally can be enjoyed in its imaginative and expressive illustrations that are made in younger child drawings manner giving this book a special charm. The author used various though similar art techniques -– colored pencils, markers and crayons - which will certainly encourage children to after its reading try to draw something by themselves

These all are reasons why in this picture book will fully enjoy children between 2 and 5 years; I can confirm that on the basis of my own experience - my little girl who with delight turns its pages while her Dad reads about the adventures of a small Ruby.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello, My Name is Ruby.

September 30, 2013 – Started Reading