Book Gannet's Reviews > Dear Jane

Dear Jane by Marissa Clarke

bookshelves: 4-star-review, contemporary-romance, novella

This is an adorable, quick read about two hard working lawyers and a catalogue of clumsy dating disasters. There’s a bit of friends to lovers, a touch of long-distance crushing, an exceedingly grumpy cat and plenty of fun, all packed into this short novella. I really enjoyed it.

Eric is lovely. He’s an overachieving workaholic, but he’s not arrogant about it. He’s too busy making sure his life is stable for that, and he definitely doesn’t have any time for fun. His long term crush on Jane is adorable, as are his attempts to not-really set her up with his friends. I loved their Friday night debriefs and the way they went from strangers to friends to more without even seeming to notice.

I liked Jane too, even if she is a bit of a mess. Not because of her clumsiness, but because of how hard she works at a job she hates in order to fit in with a family that she doesn’t feel she will ever fit in with anyway. Her accident-prone dating life is fun, as is her grouchy cat Gandalf, all of which make up for her occasional moments of blindness. For a smart woman, she can be rather dim sometimes.

So in all I really enjoyed it. It’s quick and fun with a nice bit of romance and heat. I look forward to seeing where this series heads next.

(ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Jane.

December 30, 2016 – Shelved