Felix Dance's Reviews > Minding Tomorrow

Minding Tomorrow by Luke Burrage

Jul 16, 2011

This is the first real new use I've made my ebook reader - rather than reading the electronic version of a book made of trees I actually read a book published for free the internet. In this case it's a novel written by the famous juggling extraordinaire Luke Burrage (also presenter of the Science Fiction Book Review Podcast). I was quite surprised at how good his first online book turned out to be too - quite a page turner (if pressing a button counts as turning a page). The book is written out of chronology about a guy who finds a way to travel back in time and relive his life in new ways. Each life is relived over a 20 year period in a different way but with knowledge of the future. It explores how one might change the future, the moral dilemma of fooling your past self into becoming a host for your future self and the mechanics of bringing other people back with you. Quite a few good ideas, fairly well written, but could certainly use a good spell checker. I read this one while travelling by train from Tehran to Istanbul, still smarting from my kidnapping experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Minding Tomorrow.