Sportochick's Reviews > Waiting For an Earl Like You

Waiting For an Earl Like You by Alexandra Hawkins

This books cover is amazing. It is very dynamic much like the story within the pages. December is a month of reading new authors to me and I am excited to add the Author Alexandra Hawkins. This story drew my attention with the blurb about twin brother's but what kept me reading was the tension between the twins over Olivia.

Having always loved watching the interaction between twins this book stands out for the tension between the two which Thorn was at a loss to understand. Filled with animosity between these two brothers it adds just the right amount of tension to make the story very interesting. Thorn is a typical first son. Always in charge and it was fun watching how the author expanded his stiff personality to accommodate Gideon and Olivia's relationship.

Incorporated in this story is the drama between Olivia and her future stepmother. Lets just say I loved the solution to this relationship and all the drama around these two woman.

My heart was full at the end of this book when Olivia finally understood the dynamics between the three of them. Though this book was amazing throughout I was still left wondering why Gideon disappeared years ago. I am hoping it will be explained in the next book which I will definitely read when it comes out.

I give this 4 STARS for the amusing interaction between Thorn, Gideon and Olivia as well as the ending to this book.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting For an Earl Like You.

December 29, 2016 – Started Reading