Ju Transcendancing's Reviews > Fake Geek Girl

Fake Geek Girl by Tansy Rayner Roberts

I first read this book this year as part of Tansy's podcast Sheep Might Fly and fell head-over-heels in love with the story, the characters and the universe.

I love Tansy's snarky fiction that is equal parts intelligent and fluffy - it's satisfying for a part of my brain and heart that is hard to find words to describe. I loved Holly, Hebe, Sage, and Ferd so much! I want to read anything with these characters in it! It's such a wonderful comfort read!

What is especially lovely about this story is that at it's heart it's about friendship, having friendships, repairing friendships and the difficulties in maintaining relationships. This story reminded me of everything I always wanted from a university experience and have never had, but am living vicariously through these characters.

This is a story with awesome female characters who are all very different and capable of telling their own stories. It's also a story of pop culture and feminism, but in a very lighthearted way that makes you feel better about wanting equality in the world - like you're not alone in the world.

1001 stars to this, I just adore it beyond reason and can only gush, I have no useful critical appraisal just love and whimsy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fake Geek Girl.

Started Reading