Ju Transcendancing's Reviews > Glass Slipper Scandal

Glass Slipper Scandal by Tansy Rayner Roberts

Fluffy fantasy serial, set in a fairytale univere and read aloud by a favourite author? Yes please. 'Glass Slipper Scandal' is the first story in the 'Castle Charming' series by Tansy Rayner Roberts as part of her serial fiction podcast Sheep Might Fly.

This story makes fun of fantasy, fairytales and subverts some awesome princess tropes. There is the beginnings of a queer romance and overtly queer characters and an ongoing mystery that begins to be unravelled in this story and makes you want to keep on reading/listening.

We meet Ziyi who is trying to marry one of the princes, but only because she wants to escape her life, and she finds another solution entirely which was very satisfying. We meet Dennis who is a new guard in the Royal Hounds tasked with keeping the twin princes in line, and Kai who is the newest rookie reporter for The Charming Herald. They're as bewildered by the happening in the kingdom as the reader and it's a fun ride that is highly emotionally rewarding.

I listened to this and read it when I needed a lighthearted pick-me-up, it's utterly delightful, fluffy, the perfect unicorn-chaser for whatever is keeping you up at night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Slipper Scandal.

Started Reading