Karen's Reviews > A Meditation on Murder

A Meditation on Murder by Robert Thorogood

This is such a fun book -- especially for fans of Thorogood's Death in Paradise tv show.
I absolutely adore the BBC show Death in Paradise and have been watching it since the beginning (thanks to the wonderful world of the internet). We're currently in the final stretch of the sixth season and while I wait for the next episode to air I found myself missing Saint-Marie. I could rewatch episodes ... but I decided that it would be even more fun to read a new story featuring the characters from the first season! Even Harry is around to wreak his own particular kind of havoc ... which, at this point, is going over the heads of those new to Saint-Marie. I highly suggest that you read the book AND watch the show. (Here in the US the first 4 seasons are on Netflix)
Of course, I was beyond thrilled when I first found out that there were actually books written by the show's creator/writer that weren't just novelizations of cases I had already seen. Having watched (and rewatched) the show, the characters really jump off the page -- accents, idiosyncracies and all. It's very much a modern story with a Golden Age feel -- complete with the locked door murder (kind of). I'm not sure it would have the same effect for someone not familiar with the show, but I'm sure that mystery lovers would still enjoy the book even if they hadn't seen it. I already have the second book on my shelves and look forward to having a third (and fourth and ... )!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Meditation on Murder.

December 29, 2016 – Shelved