Dee's Reviews > A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster

Jul 16, 2011

bookshelves: author-lori-foster, harlequin, harlequin-hqn, romantic-suspense, arc-netgalley, arc-reviewed-netgalley, harlequin-5-stars, 1, 1-tl, also-book, book
Read from February 24 to 26, 2012

This is the fourth installment of the Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor series which is not due for release for until April but viewed an ARC from the publisher Harlequin HQN via Netgalley.

I loved this book and thought it deserved it's 5 star rating!

We met Spencer & Arizona at the end of Jackson & Alani's story. Arizona didn't have the best of upbringings and then at the age of 17 she was sold to a human trafficking ring by her father as he needed money for drink/drugs. After enduring a couple of months of sexual abuse she managed to escape but was caught again and they nearly killed her but was saved by Jackson (Hero from previous book). Jackson treated her like a younger sister and over the next few years helped her to sort her life out and paid for her to attend school to get a decent education.

After such a harrowing ordeal most young women would have crumbled but Arizona was determined that she would not live her life as a victim and she would do whatever she could to ensure that others did not suffer what she had gone through. She had tracked a suspected ring of traffickers but realised that she needed help so turns to Spencer. Spencer is a bounty hunter and is obviously used to tracking and taking down scumbags and soon realised that with or without his help Arizona was going to go ahead with her plan. Spencer is a widower as his wife was murdered several years before. For the first time since he lost his wife he truely finds himself drawn to another woman but despite convincing himself that he still loved his dead wife and that she was far too young for him he couldn't stop the attraction. Together and with help from our other 3 heroes - Dare, Trace & Jackson they successfully take out the trafficking ring. By the end Spencer obviously realises that he loves Arizona and cannot let her go and Arizona feels the same.

I thought that Arizona was amazing. She was strong and determined and came across as a tough cookie but at times we saw vulnerabilities and signs of her trauma which made her character believable. I really liked Spencer too, because he had known what she had gone through he understood those vulnerabilities and was careful with her and taught her to trust again and be able to have a 'normal' physical relationship. I am pleased to say that we also got to see a fair amount of other characters in the series - Dare & Molly, Trace & Priss, Jackson & Alani and of course Chris.

I really like Lori Foster's style of writing and have read her books for a good few years and will continue to do so. This has been an amazing series and I can only hope that there is more to come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Storm.

Vicki Great review Dee, I'm looking forward to reading this one! :)

message 2: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Dee!

message 3: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A Can't wait for this book...such a good series!

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Thanks Baba & Vicki

I thought this a great addition to the series and was really pleased when I was approved on Netgalley to receive an ARC!

I could be wrong but this one seemed to be a wrap up and end of the series as new characters were not introduced. I have had a quick scout around but can't seem to verify if this will be the last one or not but I could have easily missed something on Ms Foster's blogs about it....anyone know?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I agreee.... it's so 5 stars, and then some! Great review, as always, Dee.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Thanks Dhes.....Before this I thought that Jackson's was the best of the series but this one really blew me away and if I could have given it 6 stars then I would have done!

I was so surprised when Harlequin agreed to let me have this one as they had declined me so many times before. I had given up requesting their titles but then on your review you said just to keep trying so I thought why not and I was as pleased as punch and glad I took your advice - thanks ☺ ☺ ☺

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish You're welcome! I'm glad they finally approved you. Be sure to submit your review via netgalley so they see that you do review the books you request.

This was such an emotional story... but so inspiring.

message 8: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "You're welcome! I'm glad they finally approved you. Be sure to submit your review via netgalley so they see that you do review the books you request.

This was such an emotional story... but so ins..."

Thanks - I already have uploaded on Netgalley ☺

Yes it was very emotional and very very sad that this sort of thing goes on!!

~ Becs ~ Nice review Dee - just starting this one although it feels ages since I read the first 3 and my memory is hazy.

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Becs wrote: "Nice review Dee - just starting this one although it feels ages since I read the first 3 and my memory is hazy."

You should love it Becs!

Yeah my memory was a little hazy too so before starting this one I went back and re-read the others again and loved them even more the second time around :)

~ Becs ~ It's starting to come back now. I have a major crush on Dare.

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Becs wrote: "It's starting to come back now. I have a major crush on Dare."

I had a major crush on all of them ha ha!....hope you are enjoying it!