Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 10, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Imprint: Gallery Books
Author’s Website: kresleycole.com
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 11, Immortals After Dark series
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Steamy

See, I have so much to say about this novel, but almost everything I want to talk about is a spoiler in some way, which is killing me. However, in short, I will say that this was definitely worth the wait.

I’m not blind to the detracting points, however. The overall story arc involving Saroya was taken care of far sooner than I’d expected, and as such, felt a bit anticlimactic. That said, the longer word-count of this book is what made it feel as though it was taking place fairly early in the story, when in reality, by the time the resolution was occurring, most books would have been pretty much over.

I definitely would not suggest this book as a good starting point for those unfamiliar with the series. Lothaire has been a major player from the very beginning, as has Nix, and I truly think new readers would be doing themselves a disservice by not, at the very least, going back a few books before trying to tackle this one.

However, I do think that fans of the series will definitely enjoy Lothaire. Ms. Cole’s trademark humor, action, steam, and seemingly impossible-to-overcome obstacles are all present in great abundance, and both Lothaire and Ellie themselves are absolutely wonderful. I, of course, cannot wait for the next book.

An impossibly solid 5/5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

01/10/2012

Magda I'm almost done & enjoying it SO much!

Jess the Romanceaholic SUCH a good book. I've been complaining about the ebook cost, but really it was long enough there's nothing to complain about lol

Sara Kalt any word on when IAD #13 is due out?

Jess the Romanceaholic I haven't seen anything yet... I was actually just looking a few minutes ago :P