Juli's Reviews > Death in Advertising

Death in Advertising by Laura Bradford

bookshelves: read-review-copies-2017

Tobi Tobias is worried. Her fledgling ad agency is not doing well, the bills are piling up and she's just received a 14-day notice to pay her overdue rent or be evicted from her apartment. Just when things look darkest, a new client comes to her office. Zander Closet Company needs a new ad campaign and a great slogan to make their company stand out from the competition. Tobi comes up with a great idea, but just as the campaign gets off the ground, a dead body falls out of one of the Zander closets during a home showcase event. Suddenly Tobias Ag Agency is getting bad press because of the new ad, exactly the opposite of what Tobi needed. The only way to save the situation and her company is to discover who killed Preston Hohlbrook and stuffed him in a closet.

Death is Advertising is the first book in the new Tobi Tobias series by Laura Bradford. The characters are interesting and a bit quirky in a fun way. Tobi is a great main character. She has spunk, intelligence, and a good sense of humor. Her bestie Mary Fran and her teenage son, Sam, are great sidekicks. The story flowed well with excellent pacing, several suspects and a few twists and turns. I figured out a few parts of the subplot quickly, but I didn't figure out the final outcome before it happened. Excellent mystery! Excellent first book! I will definitely be reading more of the Tobi Tobias series!

Laura Bradford writes romances and cozy mysteries, including the Amish Mystery and Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery series.

Death in Advertising will be available February 7th. I definitely recommend this book to anybody who enjoys mysteries and cozies. A fun, quick read!

To find out more about the author and her books, check out her website: http://www.laurabradford.com/

**I voluntarily read an Advance Readers Copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death in Advertising.

January 21, 2016 – Started Reading