Corina☞BookTwinsReviews's Reviews > Magic Triumphs

Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

I’m not even pretending that this review is easy to write.

From the moment I found out that Magic Triumphs would be the last Kate Daniels novel, I had a hard time accepting it. I couldn’t imagine a life without this series. But now, after reading 10+ novels about Kate’s battles with gods, monsters and the different power plays in and around Atlanta, I can say with absolute certainty that Kate deserves this ending.

Battle after battle she gave it all. Always for the better of the people of Atlanta, her family and friends and humanity. I felt for her. My heart ached at times!!!

Magic Triumphs was a fantastic and triumphant ending to my most favorite series of all.

I was sitting on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. When it got closer to 80 and 90% this book turned into a nail-biter. I wouldn’t be surprised if my heartbeat went up the closer I got the ending. This book had me entirely in its grasps.

In this epic conclusion, Ilona Andrews brought the entire cast together for this final battle. The plot that unraveled throughout the story, and the many answers to questions I didn’t know I had, kept my head spinning. The way the authors had this entire story executed was stunning. So many events and decisions in previous books suddenly made even more sense.

I’m utterly astonished by how well everything came together.

The fighting scenes were as always amazingly vibrant and easy to follow. The banter that I love and adore was there, but I had the feeling the overall feel of the book was a touch darker than any of the others. Getting to the end of it all was strenuous for everyone involved and it was noticeable. But all in all, I don’t think this story could have ended any other way. It felt RIGHT. You know how Kate always talks about how sometimes things just feel right? This ending gave me just this feeling.

Even though it’s very hard for me to say goodbye, especially to Kate, Curran, Julie and Derek, and now baby Conlan, I feel good about it. The relief at the end was palpable and satisfiying. And it seems that the authors are keeping the possibility open of coming back to the world of magic and tech in future books. You never know what kind of adventures are waiting around the next corner.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS EPIC EXPERIENCE!!!

So this is a bittersweet goodbye to the BEST UF series that has ever existed. It deserves every superlative I can think of. BRAVO to the authors for writing this epic masterpiece. I can’t say it enough, this series ROCKED, and if I’m ever stranded on an island, these are the books I want to have with me. I can’t imagine my life without them, and I’m utterly and deeply grateful for this experience. Since May of 2012, this series has ruled my life and I haven’t regretted it once. I hope that many other readers will find this series and fall in love with Kate and Curran the way I did. Goodbye for now!!

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

If you want to chat with me about books, find me on Instagram

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Triumphs.

December 27, 2016 – Shelved
December 27, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 24, 2018 – Started Reading
July 24, 2018 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
July 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

The_reading_foodie I'm so jealous you got to read this ! I'm dying for this one! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews The_reading_foodie wrote: "I'm so jealous you got to read this ! I'm dying for this one! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed"

It was fantastic :D You'll love it even though it's the last one.

message 3: by Holly (last edited Aug 15, 2018 09:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly Ditto the_reading_foodie - DYING OF JEALOUSY that you have read this already! I'm so sad to see this series end, but I look forward to all their other series that they still have in the works at the same time, which I love almost as much.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Holly wrote: "Ditto the_reading_foodie - DYING OF JEALOUSY that you have read this already! I'm so sad to see this series end, but I look forward to all their other series that they still have in the works at th..."

I definitely felt blessed getting the ARC. And I feel the same. I'm looking forward to all their other future books and hope they'll never stop writing. :D

message 5: by Ira (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ira I feels the same Corina and I wants Conlan’s books too 😘

Holly Just finished the book. And I'm happy yet so sad for myself LOL!

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Ira wrote: "I feels the same Corina and I wants Conlan’s books too 😘"

I hope will get his books in a few years. He is just too awesome not to have his own adventures 😊

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Holly wrote: "Just finished the book. And I'm happy yet so sad for myself LOL!"

Holly I felt the same!!! Pulled into both directions. Switching between happiness and being crushed! I’ve never experienced anything like this before 🙈

message 9: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Jonetta *sigh* Admittedly, I'm behind in the series but don’t want to see an end date😢