Yvonne's Reviews > I Spy Something Wicked

Jul 15, 2011

bookshelves: q4-gb-2011-read, m-m, m-m-short-story
Recommended to Yvonne by: Fehu
Read in November, 2011

4.5 StarsThis is a continuation of I Spy Something Bloody by Josh Lanyon which I reread before this one. In the first book, Mark is a British spy whose last mission in Afghanistan ends badly. Instead of following protocol and seeing a psych. he flies to America to see his ex, Dr. Stephen, a man he hasn't seen in 2 years. The story of their reconnection is the first book.

This book is basically what happens after the HEA. Mark is again being asked to return to the spy game. Mark struggles with this decision as he knows that Stephen will probably not take him back if he leaves him again but yet he feels an obligation to help his old boss, a man who he once had a personal relationship with. It's this struggle and Mark finding out how much Stephen means to him and vice versa which makes up the bulk of this short (much shorter than the first) story. This is a good follow up story and I enjoyed it, maybe because I read the two books together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Spy Something Wicked.