Stacy Books's Reviews > On the Run

On the Run by Tristan Bancks

it was ok

This book was read and reviewed by my co-worker, Nicole

Ben Silver is a 12 year old boy who dreams about being a cop. When the police show up on his doorstep searching for his parents- Ben doesn’t know what to think. Later, when his parents return from work and whisk the children away for a family “vacation” Ben is skeptical- this skepticism grows as their vacation takes one strange turn after another. As the story unfolds we learn the bank accidentally deposited a LOT of money into his parents bank account, and his parents (mainly father) want to keep it for themselves.

Most of the book is about the Silver family being on the run, and Ben’s confusion about what is going on. While the synopsis describes a lot about survival, in reality it was a very small portion of the book-not even a quarter of it. A lot of the book has Ben questioning what is right and wrong, and if he is part of his father’s crime does that make him right or wrong.

I was hoping for more than what the book gave me, but overall the story wasn’t too bad. I think readers around the age of 12 may enjoy it, but I am not sure how to recommend it. Unlike other survival stories- Ben doesn’t seem to live off the land- instead he continually gets lucky.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Run.

Finished Reading