Alela's Reviews > The Rising

The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

Jul 15, 2011

so long to wait till Maya&Co meets Chloe&Co :(
And I'm wondering - will the real action (lets hope destruction of Cabal clan:) begin in this last instalment, or maybe Kelley has another YA trilogy in mind?
(my rating is based on The Darkest Powers trilogy and the first two of Darkness Rising trilogy, so, please, don't judge me for making assumptions ;)
P.S. I think it's unfair that Darkness Rising trilogy has cooler superpowers than the Darkest Powers....

After reading it:
it's definitely not worth 5 stars, more like 3,5. I really liked how it ended for supernatural kids, however I did not enjoy Maya's story at all: neither their adventures,nor the romance. I also hoped there would be more of Derek and Chloe, but their part in this book was very functional and rehearsed, if you know what I mean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rising.

09/16/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann So do I need to read the Darkest Powers trilogy before I read the last book in the Darkness Rising trilogy?

Alela You haven't yet? My advice - you should :) it would help you understand the context of Darkness Rising, plus Armstrong promised that those two will meet in The Rising, so I guess knowing who Chloe is and her history is important to the last story...and it's worth your time ;)

message 3: by Andria (new) - added it

Andria Yes, yes it is.

Rana Its not like you won't enjoy it. If anything you'll be hooked on the Darkest Powers til its over and you'll be dying all the more for this upcoming book to come out.